The answer is YES, you can.
You can open a bank account in any Bank as a condominium buyer. To do so, you will have to present to the Bank the following documents:
- Original of Sales and Purchase Agreement signed by developer and buyer.
- Official Receipt(s) from the developer.
- Original of passport with last immigration stamp into Thailand.
- Minimum deposit.
The process will take around 30min and you will have a Bankbook with a Debit Card. You can pay or withdraw money in any country outside Thailand with your Debit Card.
Keller Henson Tips:
- Some Banks have more ATM at disposition.
- Some Banks have a higher interest rate for savings accounts.
- It is possible to open a foreign currency account.
Sample Bankbook and Debit Card: